What is five element theory?
The ancient five element theory, is a concept from traditional Chinese medicine that explains how everything in the universe, including our bodies, and emotions, can be categorized into five basic elements: Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, and Water. These elements, as you can see, are the building blocks of creation itself. Pretty cool huh?
Each element is associated with specific organs in the body, emotions, seasons, colours, tastes, and other attributes. For example, Wood is associated with the liver and gallbladder organs, the emotion of anger, the season of spring, the colour green, and the sour taste.
According to the theory, all five elements are interconnected and influence each other in a cyclical manner. For instance, Wood generates Fire, Fire generates Earth, Earth generates Metal, Metal generates Water, and Water generates Wood. Considering that all the elements contain the constitutes above, this gives an INCREDIABLE opportunity to study the WHOLENESS of the human form. Pure, unadulterated, wholeness. None of this industrialised wellness.
- For 25 days, you will be nourishing 1 element every five days.
- You will be given a nutritional list and recipes to nourish the organs and the emotions of that element.
- You will be advised on herbs to help lightly ‘cleanse’ (for lack of a better word) the element.
- You will be inspired by prescribed self-practices to balance the element and all it holds.
- And above all, you will be learning just how amazing having a body is, and just how learning it can alter realities with my daily content drops.
You, beautiful human, are a whole ecology.
Being dedicated and devoted to the different systems of ourselves, is to create a landscape of balance for us to curate the gallery of our lives with.
The body is more intelligent than your greatest philosophy.